When I launched this blog in 2012, I started it off with a post about how parents should track their children’s travels. Having a list of all the airports, airlines, and other details might be a nice addition to the baby book for your jetsetting little one.
As has become an annual Trips With Tykes tradition, I update my daughter’s flight stats at each birthday (here’s last year’s post). My little one turned 5 last week, so it is a great time for me to update her flight stats yet again.
We’ve had a pretty mellow year for travel, as we welcomed a new baby into the family this past fall. This meant I was grounded for a few months, but my daughter was lucky enough to do a few quick trips with grandparents and daddy while I stayed behind.
V’s current travel stats:
- Total trips flown: 28 (Includes 26 roundtrips plus 2 multicity jaunts)
- Flight segments flown: 83
- Airlines flown: 10 (AirTran, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, United, US Airways, Virgin America)
- Airports visited: 28 (ATL, BDL, BHM, BNA, CHO, CHS, CLT, DFW, ECP, HNL, HOU, IAH, IAD, JFK, KOA, LAS, MDW, MGM, MSP, OAK, ONT, ORD, RDU, SAN, SNA, SFO, SJC, SLC)
- States visited: 16 (AL, CA, CT, FL, GA, HI, IL, MN, NC, NV, NY, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA)
Interesting facts that we noticed from the data:
- V has flown into or from every major airport in Los Angeles EXCEPT LAX.
- V’s most visited states (excluding our home state of California) are as follows: Alabama (6), North Carolina (6), Connecticut (6), and Hawaii (3).
What’s next for Miss V? We hope to add to her travel stats soon, as follows:
- Upcoming trips planned: 2
- Upcoming airlines: 2 (Cathay Pacific, Air Canada)
- Upcoming New Airports: 3 (YUL, LAX – finally!, HKG)
- Upcoming new states: 1 (VT)
- Upcoming countries: 2 (China — well, Hong Kong, to be exact & Canada)
Now that we have another baby in the family, I can start to track his travels too! So far, he has only done one roundtrip, but more are planned in the coming months.