Trips With Tykes works with partners in many industries (especially travel and baby and child consumer products) and offers multiple ways to reach its valuable audience of well-traveled parents.
Want to know more about me? Check out my About page as well.
Marketing & Advertising Offered
Promotional packages can include any and all of the following (contact me at tripswithtykes[at]gmail[dot]com for rates):
Travel Campaigns, Hosted Travel, & Press Trips
In order to write about travel, I have to do it! Since Trips With Tykes is a family travel blog, the vast majority of the travel I cover is travel my family can do with our children. Traditional press trips may be a good fit in some instances, but I also partner with hotels, CVBs, and attractions at destinations our family has already planned to visit to give on-the-ground coverage about experiencing those destinations with kids. I’m always interested in learning about new family-friendly destinations, so please contact me to be considered for future coverage.
Sponsored posts that enable me to share stories and tips about family travel are a great way to communicate the value of your brand to traveling parents. Personal integrity and honesty are incredibly important to me, so I only partner with brands that I believe in and that I would recommend to a close friend. As a result, my readers trust what I say when I partner with your company. I only feature destinations or products and services that I find useful and valuable in real life and would visit or purchase myself (and usually that I have visited or have already purchased myself!). All links on sponsored posts are no-follow per Google requirements, and I always follow FTC disclosure rules.
I love working with destinations and brands under longer term sponsorship arrangements and brand ambassadorships. These relationships are so much more than just a sponsored post and are a way to give my followers and readers a full and rich picture of your company or destination.
Giveaways / Contests
Trips With Tykes occasionally also offers giveaways that are relevant to families traveling with children. I am very selective in choosing giveaways to make sure that they are a good fit for the site’s audience. A minimum product/service value applies and giveaway sponsor sends the free giveaway item directly to the winner unless otherwise negotiated.
Interested in partnering with Trips With Tykes? Contact me at tripswithtykes[at]gmail[dot]com.
Trips With Tykes By the Numbers:
(Current as of March 2022)
- Monthly Pageviews: 273,000
- Monthly Unique Visitors: 180,000
- Twitter Followers: 19,000
- Instagram Followers: 5000
- Pinterest Followers: 22,000 (700,000 monthly views)
- Facebook Fans: 3000
Trips With Tykes Readership:
- Millennial and Gen X Parents (Ages 25-34 represent 35% of readers. Ages 35-44 are an additional 22%. )
- 61% Women, 39% Men
- 89% United States audience
- Metropolitan areas with the most readers: San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, Los Angeles area, New York City, Washington DC, Orlando/Central Florida, Sacramento area, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Seattle area.
Download a PDF version of the Trips With Tykes Media Kit (last updated March 2022).
Brand & Destination Partners
Current & Previous Brand Ambassadorships:
- Southwest Airlines: 2018 #SouthwestStorytellers Brand Ambassador (see our video here!)
- Moon Travel Guides: 2018 Brand Ambassador
- Northstar California Resort: brand ambassador and writer for Northstar’s Tahoe Ascent blog during the 2016-2017 ski season
A further representative sampling of brands and destination marketing organizations I’ve worked with in the past few years.
Other Family Travel Publishing Outlets
In addition to publishing Trips With Tykes, I am a regular contributor to a number of other travel publications. You can find some of my work on these current and former sites:
- Lonely Planet
- TahoeAscent.com (from Northstar California)
- Twist Travel Magazine
I also co-host the Disney Deciphered Podcast (with Joe Cheung of AsTheJoeFlies.com), a short-form podcast about Disney World vacation planning with a focus on family travelers.
Finally, I’m a co-founder of the Disneyland with Kids Group on Facebook, a group devoted to Disneyland vacation planning for families with over 31,000 members. We co-host a biweekly podcast, The Disneyland with Kids podcast and have published a companion e-book as well (available on our site as a PDF or on Amazon in paperback).
Quoted and Featured
I’m honored to have been quoted and featured as a travel expert in a variety of news stories over the years, including appearing in a number of on-camera segments. A few of these include:
- Disneyland’s Back with the Magic on Sacramento’s ABC10 Your California Life (May 2021)
- Traveling for the holidays? Here are 7 tips to get you there safely on San Francisco’s ABC7 News (October 2020)
- Yosemite closes at least through weekend because of smoky air in the San Francisco Chronicle (September 2020)
- Disneyland fans ask: Should I go when the park eventually reopens? in CNN Travel (June 2020)
- ‘Credit Card Points’ Bloggers Share Their Best Tips—Including One Mom Who Saved $3,000 on Her Family’s Disney Vacation Using Points Across Three Different Cards in Parade Magazine (October 2019)
- Meet 6 Amazing Women Who Travel The World WITH Their Kids in Yahoo Lifestyle & She Knows (August 2019)
- First Look at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on The Points Guy’s YouTube channel (May 2019)
I am available for speaking engagements relevant to family travel as well as topics of interest to bloggers such as Pinterest and SEO. Previous speaking engagements include:
- Family Travel for Real Life (March 7, 2015): Shared tips and tricks with fellow family travelers for visiting Disney destinations (recap here)
- FLOCK Presents “Very Pinteresting: Everything About Pinterest You Need and Want to Know” (October 11, 2018)
- AWEsome Retreat “Write The Content Your Readers Want, And Get It Seen” (March 14-16, 2019)
- FLOCK Presents “How to Drive Traffic to Your Blog: And Keep Them Coming Back” (October 10, 2019)
- Frequent Traveler University “Disney 2021” (February 2021)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Society of American Travel Writers (2018-current)
- Family Travel Association (2017-2019)
- Professional Travel Bloggers Association (2018-2020)