Trips With Tykes works with partners in many industries (especially travel and baby and child consumer products) and offers multiple ways to reach its valuable audience of well-traveled parents.
Want to know more about me? Check out my About page as well.
Marketing & Advertising Offered
Promotional packages can include any and all of the following (contact me at tripswithtykes[at]gmail[dot]com for rates):
Hosted Travel & Press Trips
In order to write about travel, I have to do it! Since Trips With Tykes is a family travel blog, the vast majority of the travel I cover is travel my family can do with our children. Traditional press trips may be a good fit in some instances, but I also partner with hotels, CVBs, and attractions at destinations our family has already planned to visit to give on-the-ground coverage about experiencing those destinations with kids. I’m always interested in learning about new family-friendly destinations, so please contact me to be considered for future coverage.
Sponsored posts that enable me to share stories and tips about family travel are a great way to communicate the value of your brand to traveling parents. Personal integrity and honesty are incredibly important to me, so I only partner with brands that I believe in and that I would recommend to a close friend. As a result, my readers trust what I say when I partner with your company. I only feature destinations or products and services that I find useful and valuable in real life and would visit or purchase myself (and usually that I have visited or have already purchased myself!). All links on sponsored posts are no-follow per Google requirements, and I always follow FTC disclosure rules.
I love working with brands under longer term sponsorship arrangements and brand ambassadorships. These relationships are so much more than just a sponsored post and are a way to give my followers and readers a full and rich picture of your company or destination.
Giveaways / Contests
Trips With Tykes occasionally also offers giveaways that are relevant to families traveling with young children. I am very selective in choosing giveaways to make sure that they are a good fit for the site’s audience. A minimum product/service value applies. Giveaways usually include a stand-alone post and promotion of the giveaway on Twitter and Facebook (additional promotion may be done on Pinterest and Instagram upon request). Winners are announced via Twitter, Facebook, and by direct email. The giveaway sponsor sends the free giveaway item directly to the winner. I currently use Rafflecopter to run giveaways.
Social Media Promotion & Consulting
I’m active on a variety of social media platforms and can promote your product, service, or brand to my highly-engaged audience through social sharing, Twitter parties, and more. Active social media accounts include Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. I also offer Pinterest audits and consulting to brands as well as fellow bloggers – contact me for rates and details.
Interested in partnering with Trips With Tykes? Contact me at tripswithtykes[at]gmail[dot]com.
Trips With Tykes By the Numbers:
- Monthly Pageviews: 250,000
- Monthly Unique Visitors: 175,000
- Twitter Followers: 20,000
- Instagram Followers: 4900
- Pinterest Followers: 12,000
- Pinterest Reach: 1.2 million average monthly viewers
- Facebook Fans: 2500
Trips With Tykes Readership:
- Millennial and Gen X Parents (Ages 25-34 represent 47% of readers. Ages 35-44 are an additional 32%.)
- 78% Women, 22% Men
- 85% United States audience
- Metropolitan areas with the most readers: Los Angeles area, San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, New York City
Brand & Destination Partners
Current & Previous Brand Ambassadorships:
- Southwest Airlines: 2018 #SouthwestStorytellers Brand Ambassador (see our video here!)
- Moon Travel Guides: 2018 Brand Ambassador
- Northstar California Resort: brand ambassador and writer for Northstar’s Tahoe Ascent blog during the 2016-2017 ski season
A further representative sampling of brands and destination marketing organizations I’ve worked with in the past few years.
Other Family Travel Publishing Outlets
In addition to publishing Trips With Tykes, I am a regular contributor to a number of other family travel publications. You can find some of my work on these sites:
- TahoeAscent.com (from Northstar California)
I also co-host the Disney Deciphered Podcast (with Joe Cheung of AsTheJoeFlies.com), a short-form podcast about Disney World vacation planning with a focus on family travelers.
Finally, I’m a co-founder of the Disneyland with Kids Group on Facebook, a group devoted to Disneyland vacation planning for families with over 15,000 members. My co-founders and I have published a companion e-book as well. Buy it on our site as a PDF or on Amazon in paperback. Kindle coming soon!
Finally, I am available for speaking engagements relevant to family travel as well as topics of interest to bloggers such as Pinterest and SEO. Previous and upcoming speaking engagements include:
- Family Travel for Real Life (March 7, 2015): Shared tips and tricks with fellow family travelers for visiting Disney destinations (recap here)
- FLOCK Presents “Very Pinteresting: Everything About Pinterest You Need and Want to Know” (October 11, 2018)
- AWEsome Retreat “Write The Content Your Readers Want, And Get It Seen” (March 14-16, 2019)
Upcoming (contains affiliate/referral links so I may get a commission if you register)
- FLOCK Presents “How to Drive Traffic to Your Blog: And Keep Them Coming Back” (October 10, 2019) (use code LESLIEHARVEY for $25 off discount)