Another year is coming to an end, so I thought it would be appropriate to look back at 2015 here on the blog. The year was a big one at Trips With Tykes and totally exceeded even my wildest hopes and expectations for my little slice of the web. I’ve worked with some amazing partners and destinations and readership was up over 5 times what it was in 2014! It probably goes without saying that I’m just so grateful to everyone who has been reading and supporting the site. I promise lots more useful travel advice to come in 2016.
In the meantime, if you want to catch up with what you missed in 2015, here are the most-read posts I published this year. Not surprisingly, there’s a lot of Disney in the mix, and I plan to keep giving the readers what they want in 2016… an April trip to Walt Disney World is already booked. That said, our family travels to many non-Disney destinations domestically and internationally and I certainly plan to give those trips lots of coverage as well, along with the usual air travel logistics that are always front and center.
Best wishes for the last day of 2015 and happy 2016!
Top 10 Posts of 2015
- Top New Products for Travel with Kids in 2015: Three new travel gear product recommendations for babies, toddlers, and young kids.
- 10 Differences between Disney World and Disneyland & How They Matter for Your Vacation Planning: The two U.S. Disney theme parks have a lot in common but their differences matter a ton. What you need to know if you are heading to a park that is new to you.
- 6 Tips for Picking Less Crowded Days at Disneyland: With the 60th Diamond Celebration in full swing, Disneyland has been more crowded than ever this year. This posts helps you pick the best days for your visit to avoid the crowds.
- The Ultimate Diaper Bag Packing List for Air Travel: With a 2 year old, a diaper bag still comes everywhere with me – including on planes. Here’s what I pack to maximize efficiency yet still having the crucial supplies needed for air travel diaper emergencies.
- 20 Stocking Stuffers for Disney Travelers: Plenty of little Disney gift ideas perfect for the holidays or for any time of year (like before a Disney trip). Everything is under $20!
- 12 Cheap or Free Souvenirs at Disneyland: Don’t break the bank with expensive souvenirs on a Disneyland vacation. Here are the super-cheap (and even free) souvenirs we often pick up to keep the kids happy and stick to our budget.
- Packing List for Your Disney Daypack (Free Printable!): What to pack (and what to leave behind) in your backpack before heading to a Disney theme park for the day.
- Smarter Disneyland Strategy With a Baby: Maximizing Rider Switch and Fastpass at Disneyland: No need to skip the thrill rides when traveling with a little one to Disneyland. Our family uses the ultimate Disney hack – Rider Switch – in combination with Disney’s Fastpass service so everyone in the family can ride what they want while missing a lot of the lines.
- Should You Fly or Drive From San Francisco to Disneyland?: A post for all my NorCal traveling friends! Here’s how my family decides whether to load up the car when we head to Anaheim or head to the airport.
- 12 Coolest Space-Saving Products for Travel with Kids: Lots of innovative space-saving travel gear to help you pack more efficiently.