I’m off this weekend with the kids to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration at Walt Disney World. Although I normally don’t have time for super-crafty, Pinterest-inspired living, this trip called for something a little extra special. This is the first trip for both my kids to Walt Disney World, after all!
Before every long plane trip with kids, I stock my carry on bag with tons of travel snacks. One snack that I’m including in this week’s bag is sure to get your little ones extra-excited about traveling to a Disney destination. Best of all, it is so simple and quick to make.
On my last trip to Disney World, I spotted some Mickey Mouse shaped pretzels being sold at a number of the park souvenir shops. Inspiration struck: Mickey Mouse trail mix! This trail mix recipe combines sweet and salty tastes and brings in extra Mickey theming with black, yellow, and red colors from the M&Ms and raisins.
Here’s how you can make your own Mickey Mouse Trail Mix for your next Disney trip:
Mickey Mouse Trail Mix Recipe
- 2 cups pretzels (if you don’t have access to Mickey pretzels, any variety will do!)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup peanuts (optional; some flights may not allow peanut-based snacks due to nut allergies, so be considerate! But by all means, include nuts on your road trip version if your kids like them)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup red & yellow M&Ms (buy the colors you need at a bulk candy store)
Stir together and bag up for your trip! It’s that easy!
Tips & Tricks
- The marshmallows dry out quickly, so if you are preparing this a day in advance, put them in a separate bag to mix in right before serving.
- The Mickey-shaped pretzels are available in a lot of the larger shops at both Disneyland and Disney World. I always can find them at World of Disney and at most on-property hotel gift shops. Similar pretzels are often available at Target, especially around Valentine’s Day.
Sunday 1st of November 2020
What can you use other than raisins?
Tuesday 12th of May 2020
Awesome idea! Brought it to work for tourist Tuesday! (Since nobody is traveling to Disney)
Tuesday 6th of February 2018
We made this for our sons 1st birthday. The cereal was delicious. Thank you
A “Minnie Celebration” Recap
Thursday 4th of May 2017
[…] Mickey’s Trail Mix […]
How to Add Disney Magic to Your Off Property Vacation - Traveling Mom
Thursday 5th of May 2016
[…] some Mickey Trail Mix. Frequent Flyer Traveling Mom Leslie created an ingenious “Mickey trail mix” recipe that’s a cinch to make and sure to create […]