I’m off this weekend with the kids to the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration at Walt Disney World. Although I normally don’t have time for super-crafty, Pinterest-inspired living, this trip called for something a little extra special. This is the first trip for both my kids to Walt Disney World, after all!
Before every long plane trip with kids, I stock my carry on bag with tons of travel snacks. One snack that I’m including in this week’s bag is sure to get your little ones extra-excited about traveling to a Disney destination. Best of all, it is so simple and quick to make.
On my last trip to Disney World, I spotted some Mickey Mouse shaped pretzels being sold at a number of the park souvenir shops. Inspiration struck: Mickey Mouse trail mix! This trail mix recipe combines sweet and salty tastes and brings in extra Mickey theming with black, yellow, and red colors from the M&Ms and raisins.
Here’s how you can make your own Mickey Mouse Trail Mix for your next Disney trip:
Mickey Mouse Trail Mix Recipe
- 2 cups pretzels (if you don’t have access to Mickey pretzels, any variety will do!)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup peanuts (optional; some flights may not allow peanut-based snacks due to nut allergies, so be considerate! But by all means, include nuts on your road trip version if your kids like them)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup red & yellow M&Ms (buy the colors you need at a bulk candy store)
Stir together and bag up for your trip! It’s that easy!
Tips & Tricks
- The marshmallows dry out quickly, so if you are preparing this a day in advance, put them in a separate bag to mix in right before serving.
- The Mickey-shaped pretzels are available in a lot of the larger shops at both Disneyland and Disney World. I always can find them at World of Disney and at most on-property hotel gift shops. Similar pretzels are often available at Target, especially around Valentine’s Day.