Hard to believe it but this blog is nearing its 4 year anniversary. Every year since the very beginning, I take stock of the travels I’ve done with my kids and write down where we’ve been so that I have a record for them when they are older. My daughter just turned 7 a few weeks ago, so it is time for an annual update.
This past year of travels has been fairly routine with trips to see family dominating our schedule. We’ve also begun doing more road trips now that we are facing the reality of buying 4 plane tickets (the era of the lap toddler is official over!).
But not to worry – I’m not giving up my title of Frequent Flyer TravelingMom and not by a long shot. We did take one pretty big exotic international adventure — visiting Panama City, Panama and Cancun, Mexico over the Thanksgiving break. We had a chance to cruise the Panama Canal with our kids and spend the day at Chichen Itza as well as fly a new airline for both kids (Copa Air), so that trip was definitely a highlight.
Without any further ado, here are our 7 year old’s vital (flight) stats:
Total trips flown: 40 (Includes 37 roundtrips plus 3 multicity jaunts)
- Flight segments flown: 116
- Airlines flown: 13 (Air Canada, AirTran, Alaska, American, Cathay Pacific, Continental, Copa, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, United, US Airways, Virgin America)
- Airports visited: 36 (ATL, BDL, BHM, BNA, CHO, CHS, CLT, CUN, DAL, DFW, ECP, HKG, HNL, HOU, IAH, IAD, JFK, KOA, LAS, LAX, MCO, MDW, MGM, MSP, OAK, ONT, ORD, PHX, PTY, RDU, SAN, SNA, SFO, SJC, SLC, YUL)
- States visited: 18 (AL, AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, HI, IL, MN, NC, NV, NY, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT)
- Countries visited: 4 (China (Hong Kong), Canada, Panama, Mexico)
For once, we have no future flights booked at this very moment, so it remains to be seen what the next 12 months have in store for us. But hang on for more adventures, advice, stories, and tips. And a big thanks for reading!